Our face consists of different layers of tissues, one of which is a kind of a frame attaching the facial skin to the cranial bone, and maintaining its tone and mobility. With age, this framework loses the strength, the skin begins to sag, wrinkles and folds appear. As a result, the facial oval loses its shape, bags under eyes and second chin appear.
Cosmetology Center “Janvi” in Lviv offers an effective way to solve the consequences of this problem – the procedure of non-surgical ultrasonic facelifting “SMAS-lifting”.
SMAS is an acronym for “Superficial muscular aponeurotic system”. It is a layer of connective tissue located at a depth of 3.5 to 4 mm directly under the skin and subcutaneous fat. Previously, only surgeons could tighten the SMAS layer. Today, this procedure is performed without surgery, by using an ultrasound machine.
Advantages of SMAS-Lifting
The main advantage of this procedure is safety and almost complete absence of complications. Ultrasound has been used in medicine since the last century. Its safety has been repeatedly confirmed by numerous studies, as well, the state of the fetus in expectant mothers is examined with ultrasound.
- The whole procedure is performed superficially. During SMAS-lifting no skin incisions or punctures is done, which eliminates the risk of developing infectious and other post-surgical complications.
- SMAS-lifting has both instant and delayed result. Instant results are achieved by contraction of the SMAS-layer muscles, increase in their microcirculation and general toning effect. Delayed effect is realized in 2-4 months. It consists in rejuvenating the skin by stimulating the growth of collagen fibers, increasing blood circulation and triggering restorative mechanisms.
- One procedure is usually enough for a good result. Its effect is maintained for 2-3 years.
- One of the advantages of SMAS-lifting is the ability to combine with other cosmetology methods:
- contour plastic surgery with filler injection.
This procedure is recommended for the following patients:
Indications for SMAS-Lifting
- who, due to age and health limitations, are contraindicated to surgical facelifting;
who want to avoid plastic surgery, have medical contraindications for certain types of anesthesia, but want to improve the facial condition;
- who have undergone a surgical facelift and want to fix and prolong the post-surgical effect.
- acute infectious diseases;diabetes mellitus presence of metal implants in different parts of the face (gold threads are not a contraindication).
How does the procedure work?
Ultrasonic SMAS-lifting is carried out in 5 stages:
- Preparatory: the skin is cleaned and treated with an anaesthetic and special gel for better sensor gliding.
- SMAS detection: a specialist examines the face with a sensor to determine the depth of the superficial muscular aponeurotic layer. Depending on the depth, different nozzles and forces will be used.
- Ultrasound treatment of one half of the face or body.
- Outcome evaluation: after one half treatment, the patient is given a mirror so that he/she can evaluate the before and after result.
- Treatment completion: Treatment of the other part of the face or body.
SMAS-lifting takes on average 90 to 180 minutes. During the lifting, the patient may feel a tingling sensation.
During the rehabilitation period, a number of recommendations should be followed:
- not to use makeup right after the procedure;
- eliminate active physical activity during the first 24 hours;
- DO NOT expose the skin to thermal treatment for 7 days: do not wash with hot water for the first 2 hours, do not go to the bath, sauna, pool, solarium;
- Maintain a moderate consumption of water, exclude too spicy, salty and sweet food from the diet during the first week;
- peelings and other cosmetic procedures can be performed only after 15 days, massage and RF-lifting – no earlier than 30 days after the procedure.