Shugaring – caramel depilation
The procedure for shugaring is carried out with the help of a sugar paste. Shugaring is often used to remove hair in the area of the armpits and bikini, where the skin is especially sensitive. All because, unlike wax depilation, hair removal with sugar is less irritating to the skin. Among other benefits of shugarring:
- lower cost: paste, the main components of which are sugar, water and citric acid, cheaper wax;
- safety due to the natural composition of sugar paste;
- hair does not grow into the skin after depilation;
- The paste is easily washed off, unlike wax;
- The procedure is less painful, because the paste is not against, but with the growth of hair.
For the procedure to be effective, the hair length for removal should be 4-5 mm. During the scrubbing, a pleasant-to-body-36 ° C paste is used. The time of the procedure depends on the area and skill of the wizard. The first session, as a rule, lasts longer, especially if the hair removal depilation was done by shaving machine. The effect of the procedure is kept for 3 weeks.
Average duration of the procedure:
- deep bikini – 20-25 minutes;
- classic bikini – 5-10 minutes;
- legs – 25-45 minutes;
- armpit – 5-10 minutes;
- hands – 15-30 minutes.
With each hair removal, the new hair grows thinner and easier to remove. Therefore, each new session will be less painful than the previous session.
How is the shugaring procedure carried out * results are not the same for all clients.
Recommendations before performing the shugaring procedure
- Grow hair 4-5 mm in length. Longer hair is also subject to the removal of sugar, but the longer it is, the more painful the sensation. If the length is less than recommended, the paste may not touch the individual hairs.
- Do not scrub the body before the procedure and do not use rigid sponges for the shower to avoid reddening and micro-damage to the skin.
- Do not use creams, deodorants and other cosmetic products in areas where depilation will be performed. This can affect the result.
Contraindications to a shugaring procedure include diabetes, skin disease, thrombophlebitis or wounds in the depilation zone. Shugaring is not contraindicated for pregnant women, however, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of each pregnant woman and consult a doctor beforehand.