Do not throw away potato peels!
The rough skin of the heels can be easily turned into silky without expensive procedures.
The season of open shoes is coming to an end. Sandals and light bags often leave a “rough memory” of rough heels with calluses and calluses.
Meanwhile, a few simple native methods will help you make your heels silky again. As Zhanna Prykhodko, a doctor matologist-cosmetologist of the highest category, will tell.
– Rough heels spoil the look of the legs, the skin on them is yellow, hard, cracked. What shall I do?
– To soften rough skin, take foot baths daily. These can be salt or soap-salt baths, which soften the skin well. Good effect from herbal baths with chamomile, sage. After that it is necessary to remove carefully the steamed top layer – for this purpose it is better to use a special brush with a rigid bristle or fine-grained pumice.
Cleaned areas should be lubricated with nourishing foot cream. You can clean the skin on the heels with a special foot scrub – just do it once a week. The scrub is applied to the anal saw for grinding or flat pumice and gently with light circular motions, but carefully massage the skin of the heels. The procedure should last no more than 3 minutes, otherwise the skin may be injured. After such cleaning, you need to use emollient or moisturizing foot cream.
– Some women cut the rough skin with a razor. Is it possible?
– No, it’s not worth it. First, it can injure the skin, wounds are formed, through which infection can penetrate, and suppuration will begin. Second, the next layer begins to grow very quickly in the place of the skin cut in this way. And the more often you do it, the rougher the skin on your heels. Therefore, it is better to gradually, but regularly remove the skin after steaming.
– What recipes from folk medicine would you recommend?
– A potato mask will be helpful. More precisely, its husk. Take 400 grams of raw husk, fill it with 400 milliliters of water, add two tablespoons of flaxseed and bring to boiling, then leave on low heat for half an hour. When cool, knead the mixture to a pulp. Pour into a basin and run two legs for 20 minutes. Then rinse your feet and apply a nourishing cream.
Lotions with marshmallow root will help with rough skin. Pour 2 tablespoons of chopped root into half a liter of water and heat in a water bath for half an hour. When the vilnar has cooled to room temperature, soak gauze napkins in it and apply to the heels for 30 minutes. Lotions should be repeated twice a day. An egg yolk mask with lemon juice (a teaspoon) and carp starch (half a teaspoon) is also effective. You need to steam the skin on your heels, apply the mixture and wait until it dries. When the mask turns into a crust, it can be washed off with warm water, then lubricate with moisturizer.
The skin on the heels will become soft and tender if you rub olive oil into it after daily baths. Applications with corn oil will also help – it is necessary to grease abundantly with it heels, and to impose a polyethylene film from above and to bandage for the night. In the morning, take a 20-minute bath, then rub the heels with fine pumice.
And also the usual onion will help. After a bath with a soap and soda solution, apply half of the onion to the heels, which must be poured boiling water over several times. Cover the onion with plastic wrap and carefully bandage the heels – leave overnight.